How do I apply for Extended Access?
Prior to Registration...
Read Idaho Court Administrative Rule 32 (ICAR 32) to conclude a need for access. You should also review the Idaho Supreme Court Extended Access Order to determine whether your agency has already been approved for access. Please see Exhibit 2 in the Order. If your agency is not listed on the court order, but you believe should have extended access, an agency official must complete the Agency Request for Extended Access form and/or write a letter outlining the need, per ICAR 32, and send it to [email protected]. It will be forwarded to the appropriate persons and you will recieve a response in writing.
Once your agency has been approved for extended access, visit the iCourt Portal at mycourts.idaho.gov and complete the following steps.
Note: Registration is a two-step process. 1) Register for an account. 2) Request extended access.
Step 1 – Register for an account
1) Click the “Register” button in the upper right corner of mycourts.idaho.gov.
2) Complete the initial registration questions and click “Next”.
- Username is your email address.
- Passwords must have all of the following requirements for security:
- At least eight characters
- One special character (e.g. !@#$%)
- One Uppercase character
- One number
Security Questions are required for verification if you ever forget and need to reset your password. Remember your answers!
3) You will receive an email with a link to confirm your registration. You MUST click on the iCourt Portal link in the email to verify your account.
Step 2 – Request extended access
4) Once you've verified your account by clicking the appropriate link in the email, login with your username (your email address) and enter your password. You will be provided the following options to request extended access:
5) Once you’ve made your selection, complete the request questions and click Submit. You will be notified via email of the approval or denial as soon as your request has been completed.
> Extended access requests are processed in the order they are received. Processing times vary depending on volume and how long it takes your agency group leader to respond to our request. Please be patient.
Please note, we cannot determine eligibility via phone or direct email inquiries, you must complete the necessary online steps and we will provide a written response once your request has been processed.